Graphic design software is an invaluable tool for anyone looking to create professional-looking visuals for their projects. From industry-standard programs like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to more specialized tools like CorelDraw, there is a wide range of software options available to help graphic designers create stunning visuals.
1- Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop software is considered one of the most important and original graphics software, and knowing and mastering it is considered one of the necessary conditions for hiring a graphic artist. We all know the beautiful and high-quality images and designs that are prepared using this application. Currently, Photoshop is one of the most popular design software and is used by millions of graphic designers in the world to design banners, advertising and art posters, website or logo design, etc.
Advantages of Adobe Photoshop
- Fast editing
- Possibility of 3D design
- Video editing and animation creation
Disadvantages of Adobe Photoshop
- The heaviness of the program occupies a relatively large amount of space in memory and RAM
- Because it is pixelated, it is unsuitable for designing logos and characters.
2- Adobe InDesign software
Another graphic and design software is InDesign, which is another product of Adobe. The main application of this program is in the printing and publishing industry because designers can easily design magazines, books, catalogs, posters, brochures, and PDF versions using this software.
Projects created using InDesign can be shared in both digital and print formats. InDesign is used by graphic designers, artists, publishers, and marketing professionals.
Advantages of InDesign
- The relatively short learning process
- Various and beautiful effects
- Ability to create e-books
Disadvantages of InDesign
- Limited tools for creating graphic images
- Not so complicated and professional design tools
- Restrictions on photo and image editing
3- Canva software
If you don’t have much experience in design and graphics and you are looking for simple and practical software, Canva is a good choice. Using this free program, you can create beautiful artistic designs easily and in the shortest possible time. Canva works based on drag and drop, and you only need to select the desired element or tool and drop it on your design. Canva program does not have the special features of professional graphic software such as Photoshop; But for beginners who need simple designs, it is a very practical and useful program.
Advantages of Canva
- Lots of different options for different sizes and shapes
- Default image formats compatible with the content dimensions of various social networks
- Ability to search for stock images
Disadvantages of Canva
- Photos and templates are not that distinct.
- You cannot create unique elements and elements.
- Canva is not the best photo editor available.
4- GIMP software
GIMP is a free graphics software that can be used in many operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and Mac. This software is an open-source program that allows you to change the source code and apply it to the program. Many additional programs and 3D plugins can be used in Gimp software, which helps to create and design better and more professional images.
Gimp software is free to download, has a small size and is very suitable for people who only need simple editing facilities and can even replace Photoshop. If you are just interested in drawing, GIMP software is a good start for you to get to know the world of graphics and design.
Benefits of GIMP
- Being free
- An easy and accessible download
- Ability to learn quickly and easily
Disadvantages of GIMP
- More limited features and editing options
5- Inkscape software
Inkscape was launched in 2003 and is a good alternative to Illustrator for creating vector images. Inkscape is easy to use on Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems and is an ideal tool for designers who use the SVG format. Working with this software is very simple and practical, and both professional designers and beginners can use it for different purposes.
Benefits of Inkscape
- Being free
- High variety of filters
- New and practical tools and effects
Disadvantages of Inkscape
- The slowness of this software is one of its most important disadvantages.
6- CorelDraw software
CorelDraw software is suitable software for graphic designers for 2D graphic designs and projects. But in a more formal and specialized definition, it should be said that Corel is actually a specialized software in the field of graphic design, which was produced by the Corel company to carry out vector-based projects and designs.
Online or printed advertisements, product design, architectural structure design, online sketch designs in various fields, and in general all the visual effects and graphic designs that we see around us during the day, on mobile phones and in magazines, all or parts of them are designed by Corel.
Advantages of CorelDraw
- Fast learning process
- Support for Persian fonts
- Support vector graphics
- Support for a variety of image formats
Disadvantages of CorelDraw
- Can’t easily be used for encrypted images
- Many printers are not able to print Corel software files with formats specific to this software.
7- Adobe Illustrator software
This software is mainly used for editing vector images. The excellent user interface and special features that it provides to designers are the strengths of this computer software. However, the relatively long learning process and the large space it occupies in the memory and RAM of the computer are among the disadvantages of this design program.
This program is specifically designed for graphic design professionals. This program is suitable for any users and large companies that need to create banner ads with integrated branding. You can use a wide range of tools to create designs, graphics, illustrations, logos, business cards, and brochures, as well as to design video games, props, and costumes.
Advantages of Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to combine with other Adobe products
- Allows the creation of graphic images for print and web use.
- This software is very simple to operate by users.
- Infinite resolution for vector graphics
Disadvantages of Adobe Illustrator
- Great system requirements
- Complex learning path
- Difficult to become an expert in this program